WASHINGTON, Jan. 27, 2022 /Christian Newswire/ — On September 9, 2021, Joe Biden signed an executive order attempting to illegally force COVID shots on more Americans, including federal employees, all private employers with 100 or more employees, health care workers, educators and even children.
The courts recognize the constitutional protections against these lawless mandates and are striking them down one by one. For example, here’s the various courts’ recent actions:
- 11-30-21 – Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove (KY) grants preliminary injunction against mandate for federal contractors in KY, OH, TN.
- 12-7-21 – Judge Stan Baker (GA) grants nationwide injunction against mandate for federal contractors in GA, AL, ID, KS, SC, UT, WV.
- 12-15-21 Judge Dee Drell grants preliminary injunction regarding contracts and grants with the states of IN, LA, MS.
- 12-20-21 – Judge David Noce (MO) grants preliminary injunction against mandate for federal contractors in AK, AR, IA, MO, MT, NE, NH, ND, SD, WY.
- 12-22-21 – Judge Steven Merryday (FL) grants preliminary injunction against mandate for federal contractors in FL.
- 12-31-21 – Judge James Wesley Hendrix (TX) issues preliminary injunction against Head Start shot mandate in TX.
- 1-1-22 – Judge Terry A. Doughty (LA) grants preliminary injunction against Head Start mandate in AL, AK, AZ, AR, FL, GA, LA, IN, IA, KS, KY, MS, MO, MT, NE, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, UT, WV, WY.
- 1-13-22 – The U.S. Supreme Court (6-3) issues a stay against OSHA mandates. OSHA has now repealed the mandate.
- 1-21-22 – Judge Jeffrey Brown (TX) grants preliminary injunction against mandate for federal workers nationwide.
Liberty Counsel has filed class action lawsuits in Illinois, Maine and New York on behalf of health care workers who have been unlawfully denied religious accommodation and fired from their jobs. The Maine case is pending before the U.S. Supreme Court and Liberty Counsel is asking the High Court to take the case for a full review of the merits.
Liberty Counsel recently filed a renewed motion for a preliminary injunction in Navy SEAL 1 v. Biden asking Judge Steven Merryday to block the mandates for plaintiffs from all five branches of the military, federal employees, and federal civilian contractors who have been unlawfully mandated to get the COVID shots or face discharge from the military or termination from employment. Liberty Counsel also filed an Amended Complaint adding (1) additional military and federal employee plaintiffs, (2) expanded legal arguments against the mandate for federal civilian contractors, (3) expanded legal arguments against the mandate for federal employees, and (4) the new data submitted by the military branches on January 7, 2022, which substantiates the argument that the military under the Department of Defense (DOD) is not giving any religious exemptions.
As a result of this lawsuit, federal Judge Steven Merryday ordered each branch of the military to file a detailed report every 14 days beginning January 7, 2022, regarding the total number of religious exemption requests; the aggregate number of denials, denials where belief found sincere, appeals pending, denials where appeal time has passed and number of successful appeals; the total number of medical exemptions; other exemptions granted and the number of disciplinary proceedings and actions taken after denial in an appeal. The order also stated that the federal executive orders regarding federal employees and civilian contractors expressly require religious exemption. The filings reveal that the military continue to deny religious exemptions.
While the Supreme Court upheld Biden’s shot mandate for health care businesses that receive Medicare and Medicaid funds, the Court also noted the law provides that employees are entitled to medical and religious exemptions.
Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver said, “The shot mandates of Joe Biden and his administration are being blocked by the federal courts. Biden has no authority to issue unlawful shot mandates requiring people to inject their bodies with the COVID shots. It’s a matter of time before even more courts rule against this administration’s agenda to force people to choose between their livelihood and religious beliefs and injecting an experimental drug into their bodies. These mandates are causing irreparable harm, and, thankfully, they are quickly crumbling in the courts.”
SOURCE Liberty Counsel