WICHITA, Kan., Jan. 7, 2021 /Christian Newswire/ — The second part of a new report based on results of Operation Rescue’s annual survey of all abortion facilities in the U.S. has revealed that the China Virus impacted how abortions were done in 2020. The results also showed impacts of China Virus policies on gestational age limits that abortion facilities impose on themselves, abortion costs, and wait times for appointments.
The survey found the following:
- There are 706 abortion facilities in the U.S., comprised of 458 surgical and 248 abortion pill clinics.
- The percentage of surgical abortion facilities that self-impose abortion limits at no later than 13 weeks dramatically dropped over the past two years from 46% in 2018 to just 19% in 2020. Facilities that place gestational limits at 14-19 weeks grew the fastest in 2020, now comprising 51% of all abortion facilities.
- The number of abortion facilities willing to do abortions after 20 weeks gestation dropped slightly by one percent in 2020. Thirty percent of all abortion facilities will now conduct abortions that late into pregnancies.
- The national average cost of a first-trimester abortion jumped to a new record high of $612 – up $9 from 2019.
- The national average wait time for abortion appointments rose to 8.4 days in 2020, primarily due to effects from the China Virus.
The first part of this exclusive report, published on Monday, showed that overall, the number of abortion facilities in America decreased in 2020.
It also showed an increase in the use of telemedicine to prescribe abortion drugs. There are 69 facilities in America that now conduct telemedicine abortion programs.
“The year 2020 was a year of changes within the Abortion Cartel as they grappled with new pro-life legislation and policies, and the impacts of the China Virus,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “We see women being exploited more than ever by rising prices for abortion drugs in facilities that have low overhead costs. We also see abortions becoming riskier with the continued push into the dangerous second trimester abortion market. This information – the most current and accurate data available – shows areas where the pro-life movement has been successful, and exposes areas where more can be done to save lives.”
Read Part 2 – The Status of American Abortion Facilities in 2020: China Virus Impacts the Abortion Cartel
Read Part 1 – The Status of American Abortion Facilities in 2020: The First Abortion-Free State
SOURCE Operation RescueShop Artsy Gifts for Kids – All Under $25